Parrot.MD Inc. (the “Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline.
- You provide to or is collected by a third party.
We may amend this privacy notice at any time by posting the amended version on this site including the effective date of the amended version. We will announce any material changes to this privacy notice through the Service or via email.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from our users in a variety of ways, including:
- When you download, register, or use the Services, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, National Provider Identifier (NPI), hospital credentials, and medical specialty.
- After you set up your account, we collect information about how you use the Service and about your actions on the Service, including:
- Information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- Information about your interaction with our Services and your communications with us.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device (note, most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings menu, however, opting out of the Services collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled).
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as viewing Call Obligations or attempting checkout).
- Financial information (such as PayPal) in connection with a transaction.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Information Collected Automatically
When you download, access, and use the Services, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, [IP address,] operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Location Information. The Services collect real-time information about the location of your device. This location information is used to assist you in finding the Call Obligation location relative to your location.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use the Services.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include cookies, web beacons, unique identifiers, and similar technologies to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take when using our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- provide and improve our Services,
- contact you about your account and our Services,
- contact you about changes to our Terms of Services or End User License Agreement,
- provide you customer service,
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, andd
- detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customize site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
- Confirm your eligibility for certain Call Obligations.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, postal mail, and via mobile push notifications.
- We use general location information to provide you with location based services (such as assistance locating a Call Obligation).
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities and/or otherwise comply with regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ParrotMD Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ParrotMD Inc. about our users of our Services is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the End User License Agreement, Subscription Agreement, Terms of Service and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ParrotMD Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Services to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you.
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request, and we can provide it to other companies as well.
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws.
If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this privacy notice and our End User License Agreement, Subscription Agreement and Terms of Service.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Other Important Privacy Information
This section describes some additional privacy information related to your use of our Services that you may find important.
Our websites are general audience websites and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective national laws.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This privacy notice addresses only our use and handling of personal information we collect from you in connection with providing you our Services. If you disclose your information to a third party, or visit a third party website via a link from our Services, their privacy notices and practices will apply to any personal information you provide to them or they collect from you.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of such party before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If You are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
Last Updated March 11, 2020